Order a Custom Painting in 5 easy steps
Step 1 – Decide What You Want
- Colors or mood
- Style - abstract, impressionistic, expressionistic...
- Content - a dog, a city skyline, a landscape...
- Frame or no frame
- Delivery and/or Installation
If you are not sure about any of the items above, I will help you through that process.
Step 2 – Contact Me and Consult
Contact me to create your painting, and I’ll call you to have our first consult. I'll ask many questions to ensure that I understand what you want.
Consultations are free, and we may have more than one. I will listen to you and keep the lines of communication open since a commission is a collaborative effort.
Step 3 – Proposal and Deposit
- Proposal – After our discussions, I will email you with a proposal which will include price and a completion date. I may also attach a sketch of the painting. We can easily talk through changes to the sketch. After I send the proposal, the next step is yours – to pay the deposit.
- Note: My proposal will not include the shipping costs. I determine shipping costs after the painting is completed, since each painting's weight varies.
- Deposit – A deposit of 50% is required before the painting commences. Deposits are non-refundable but transferable. See security deposit transfer policy below.
Step 4 – Painting Completed and Weighed
Once the deposit is paid, I begin your painting. If you'd like, I can send you a photo of the painting as it progresses.
After the painting is complete, I get the painting weighed to determine your shipping costs. I will also take a picture of it and send it to you via email. In that email, I will include the amount for shipping. Learn more about shipping.
Step 5 – Final Payment and Shipping
In the final step…
You approve the final painting and complete your final payment which will include the shipping costs, and then...
I ship the painting to you.
If you decide to refuse the final painting...
It is your right to do so. In such a case, I retain the artwork and the deposit.
The deposit is a small security blanket for me to make sure that I have been paid for my time and materials.
However...you will have the option of using the deposit toward another purchase for up to 12 months. See security deposit transfer policy below.
If you decide to refuse your final painting, you may use your deposit toward another purchase for up to 12 months from the date you paid your deposit.
Watch Me Paint
I create a custom painting (entitled Chocolate) from start to finish.